All-in-One Care Planning Resource: Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Maternity, and Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans (All-In-One Care Planning Resource: Med-Surg, Peds, Maternity, & Psychiatric Nursing)
Unlike any other care plan book on the market, this resource contains selected care plans for pediatric, maternity, and psychiatric nursing in addition to medical-surgical nursing care plans for adult care. This is the only care planning resource that allows you to use one book throughout your nursing curriculum. Color-coded medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric sections help you quickly find each content area while giving the book a full-color look and feel.
- Clinical experts update each subject area to ensure the most current, accurate, and clinically relevant content available.
- Each care plan employs a consistent format of Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- An open and attractive two-color design facilitates quick and easy retrieval of information.
- Nursing interventions and rationales are listed in a clear two-column format to make the information more accessible.
- Related NIC intervention and NOC outcome labels are listed for each nursing diagnosis.
- The Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning section highlights key patient education topics and list resources for further information.
- Health Care Setting is specified for each care plan, since different conditions are treated in various settings such as hospital, primary care, long-term care facility, community, and home care.
- Outcome criteria with specific timelines enable nurses to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you to apply concepts to clinical practice.
- Includes the most recent NANDA Taxonomy II nursing diagnoses.
- Separate care plans on Pain and Palliative and End-of-Life Care focus on palliative care for patients with terminal illnesses, as well as relief of acute and chronic pain.
- A new "Overview/Pathophysiology" heading helps you easily locate this key content.
- Nursing diagnoses listed in order of importance/physiologic need helps you learn about prioritization.
- All content has been thoroughly updated to cover the latest clinical developments, including the most recent JNC7 hypertension guidelines, the latest breast cancer screening and treatment information, revised cholesterol parameters, new drug therapies, and much more.
- Patient teaching content and abbreviations have been thoroughly revised to reflect the latest JCAHO guidelines.
- Expanded and clarified rationales help you understand each intervention more clearly.